The fresh salmon to the lemon-butter and capers is what makes this dish particularly special. Some sources state that salmon is one of the world’s healthiest foods, but we will just say it is one food necessary from time to time in your diet. Salmon is rich in B12, selenium and vitamin D, all of which are essential for proper development and growth. If you have children at home, know that this is a very grown-up dish, but if their developing taste buds can acquire unique flavor combinations from a young age, then the world really is their oyster, even if they don’t dare try that one yet.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Protein: 50g / 29%
Carbs: 4g / 2%
Fat: 52g / 68%
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp. capers, rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a frying pan, then add the salmon fillets.
- Fry until cooked o both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side and remove from the pan.
- Add the butter, garlic, lemon juice and capers into the frying pan and allow to cook for a minute.
- Add the salmon gently back into the pan and spoon over the lemon-butter. Season to taste.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley.