Whether your 2019 motto is “new year, new me,” or you’re hoping to build on your 2018 successes, this is the moment to set your intentions for the upcoming year. To help you live your best life in 2019, we collected 20 of our favorite quotes, both funny and sincere, from famous people as well as uncredited geniuses. If you’re looking for an inspirational 2019 midnight toast to bid adieu to the past year and ring in the new one, or stockpiling ammunition to help you stick to your 2019 New Year resolutions for longer than two weeks, or in search of clever New Year captions, you’re sure to find something that resonates with you on this list of Happy New Year quotes for 2019.
20 Happy New Year Quotes for 2019
This list of New Year greetings for 2019 ranges from quippy one-liners to inspirational quotes from celebrated philosophers. What unites them is that they’re all focused on how you can live your best life, from recommitting to eating a clean diet, to setting new fitness goals, to refining your self-care routine.
Check out the full list of 20 Happy New Year Quotes for 2019, and make the upcoming year about living your best life, on your terms. Write a Happy New Year message for 2019 on a post-it and stick it on your bathroom mirror so you never lose sight of what’s most important, or share these inspirational quotes with your friends to motivate them to make the next year one to remember.
- “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”— Oprah Winfrey
- “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” — Vern McLellan
- “Party hard, have fun and feast on the cake but don’t forget to drink your protein shake. Happy New Year.”— Anonymous
- “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”— C.S. Lewis
- “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.”— Auliq Ice
- “I am going to make a very beautiful life for myself no matter what it takes.” — Anonymous
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”— Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A hundred push-ups, a hundred crunches, and a hundred chin-ups are a must—this is how you should start your new year so that you don’t let your body rust.”—Anonymous
- “Each year’s regret are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the new year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.”—Alex Morritt
- “Grow through what you go through.”— Anonymous
- “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be.”— F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “May the protein gods continue showering their blessings on you. Happy New Year.”— Anonymous
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”— Maya Angelou
- “In a perfect world, your cake would be made with a 100% whey protein powder and topped off with an icing made from creatine. Happy New Year.”— Anonymous
- “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.”—Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.”—Melody Beattie
- “Good sleep is the key to muscle recovery, but you must shun that notion today if you want to have a good party. Happy New Year.”— Anonymous
- “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.”— Amy Poehler
- “What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?” — Anonymous